On episode 87, the Scoundrels regroup to discuss all the Kenobi, The Mandalorian, and The Rise of Skywalker news out of the D23 Expo.
D23, Disney’s fan event in Anaheim, and it brought plenty of news for fans of Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars. The Scoundrels are back to discuss all the Star Wars announcements and news on episode 87: “Star Wars D23.”
Welcome to episode 87 of Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels: Star Wars at D23. On this episode, the Scoundrels are eager to dive into all the news regarding Star Wars from the recent D23 expo. Before they get to all the announcements about The Clone Wars, The Mandalorian, Cassian Andor, Kenobi, and The Rise of Skywalker, there is a little news to get to first.
Star Wars News – The Final Issue of Star Wars
Despite most of the Star Wars announcements coming from D23, there are a few other stories to cover, including:
- The opening of Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios,
- The Galaxy’s Edge Coke bottles getting banned by the TSA,
- The Galaxy’s Edge playlist from Oga’s Cantina,
- The end of the Marvel’s Star Wars with Star Wars #75, and
- The announcement of the themes for the 2020 runDisney Star Wars Rival Run Weekend.
D23 – The Mandalorian, Kenobi, Cassian Andor, and The Rise of Skywalker
In this week’s “Hyperthetical” Discussion segment, the Scoundrels are covering all the Star Wars news from D23, including:
- The Star Wars content on Disney+ at launch,
- Episodes releasing on a weekly basis for all original projecting,
- The announcement of the debut of season 7 of The Clone Wars,
- The Disney+ The Mandalorian poster,
- Ming-na Wen joining the cast of The Mandalorian,
- The new The Mandalorian trailer,
- Cassian Andor and K-2SO,
- The Kenobi announcement and the return of Ewan McGregor,
- New details about the Star Wars hotel in Orlando,
- The Rise of Skywalker poster, and
- The D23 Special Look at The Rise of Skywalker and the big surprise at the end.
The show ends with another edition of “Silence Fools!” In this week’s episode, the Scoundrels discuss the results of their twitter poll in which they asked, “What is your favorite part of the new The Rise of Skywalker teaser?”
The Scoundrels hope you enjoy episode 87: “Star Wars at D23” We hope you will consider subscribing to Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels wherever you get your podcasts.
If you liked this episode, check out the previous one!
Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels is a bi-weekly show that features three first-generation Star Wars fans. Each episode, RetroZappers Dennis Keithly, Jay Krebs, and Darth Taxus offer their thoughts and reactions on Star Wars news. Then, they engage in Star Wars discussion in the “Hyperthetical” segment. Top ten lists, book reviews, Resistance and television discussion, and interviews are all on the table. After the Hyperthetical, each episode features listener feedback with Silence Fools!
SCubedPod thrives on listener feedback. Therefore, Dennis, Taxus, and Jay would love to read your email on the show. To reach them, email the show at [email protected]. For instance, have an opinion on Star Wars comics, Rebels, or the novels? We want to hear it. Also, have a question about some Star Wars detail? Send it to us! It doesn’t have to be Star Wars to make it on our show.
Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels T-Shirts can be purchased here.
Finally, Dennis, Taxus, and Jay would appreciate an iTunes review for the show. Thank you.