On episode 72, the Scoundrels return to The Clone Wars and discuss the role of peacekeepers and pacifists with a discussion of “Jedi Crash” and “Defenders of Peace.”
Dennis and Jay examine two early episodes of The Clone Wars and explore the claim that the Jedi are not defenders of the peace while they work to protect a village of innocents from the Separatists.
Welcome to episode 72 of Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels: Peacekeepers and Pacifists. On this episode, Dennis and Jay are continuing to celebrate ten years of The Clone Wars with more episode reviews. Before they get to their discussion of “Jedi Crash” and “Defenders of Peace,” they take a look at recent Star Wars news.
Star Wars News
The Scoundrels have a wide variety of Star Wars news to cover on this episode. This week’s news includes a discussion of:
- The announcement of a second season of Resistance and the mid-season trailer,
- An announcement that the writer of the Star Wars comic is moving on,
- Voice actor guest announcements for Celebration Chicago,
- Comments from Bob Iger on the Star Wars content for Disney+,
- A production start date for the Cassian Andor series, and
- Rancho Obi-Wan coming to Celebration.
Peacekeepers and Pacifists – The Clone Wars Discussion
Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels continues to celebrate The Clone Wars. As with past episodes, they are taking a look back at story arcs from the first six seasons ahead of the return of the show on Disney+. This week, Dennis and Jay review and analyze “Jedi Crash” and “Defenders of Peace.” During their discussion, they cover:
- Anakin and Ahsoka’s mission to rescue Aayla Secura,
- Aayla’s lessons on attachment for Ahsoka,
- The pacifist nature of the Lurmen and their leader, Tee Watt Kaa,
- George Takei’s Star Wars debut as Genreal Lok Durd,
- The defoliator technology of the Separatists,
- How amazing Aayla is in combat,
- The Jedi infiltration of the Separatist outpost,
- The difference in opinions between the Jedi and Lurmen as to peacekeepers and pacifists.
Dennis and Jay had a lot of fun discussing this episode. Download the show and find out what they were so excited about.
The show ends with a new edition of Silence Fools! Dennis and Jay discuss the results of their last Twitter poll concerning what fans were looking forward to at Celebration. Afterwards, they pose a new poll concerning the new characters of “Jedi Crash” and “Defenders of Peace.”
Thanks for joining us for episode 72 of Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels: Peacekeepers and Pacifists. The Scoundrels will continue covering The Clone Wars as the year progresses. Subscribe to Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels on your favorite podcatcher so you don’t miss a single show.
If you liked this episode, check out the previous one!
Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels is a bi-weekly show that features three first-generation Star Wars fans. Each episode, RetroZappers Dennis Keithly, Jay Krebs, and Darth Taxus offer their thoughts and reactions on Star Wars news. Then, they engage in Star Wars discussion in the “Hyperthetical” segment. Top ten lists, book reviews, Resistance and television discussion, and interviews are all on the table. After the Hyperthetical, each episode features listener feedback with Silence Fools!
SCubedPod thrives on listener feedback. Therefore, Dennis, Taxus, and Jay would love to read your email on the show. To reach them, email the show at SCubedPod@RetroZap.com. For instance, have an opinion on Star Wars comics, Rebels, or the novels? We want to hear it. Also, have a question about some Star Wars detail? Send it to us! It doesn’t have to be Star Wars to make it on our show.
Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels T-Shirts can be purchased here.
Finally, Dennis, Taxus, and Jay would appreciate an iTunes review for the show. Thank you.