2019 New York Toy Fair, Elks Lodge Toy Fair, Chinese Food Gourmet Fare, King Tips Medium Rare. Two hours of the best Star Wars and non-Star Wars talk you’ll hear this week.
We’re not talking about just 2019 New York Toy Fair this week, we got a whole other Toy Fair to report on that you never heard of! This is a mammajamma of an episode, and we’re buying figures live on air! In between all the action figure news, we need to talk about King Tips, Chinese food, and the best damn macaroni and cheese you’ve never eaten. Plus, West Coast Video Star Wars VHS memories, thoughts on the 40-Year Old Virgin’s life, and the coolest Star Wars character to ever hang out alone in a chair in a tiny closet. Let’s go, Warheads! Put your Welcome Back Kotter novel down! It’s time for Brews and Blasters.
- Star Wars talk: King Tips
- Joe’s West Coast Video memories of the Star Wars VHS releases
- Joe’s birthday
- The one thing Joe wants for his birthday
- Chris’ gift to Joe
- It’s a whiskey night
- Chris’ amazing decanter
- Basil Hayden’s
2019 New York Toy Fair
- Big Year for Hasbro—Hasbro is Rocky
- Hasbro Pulse & Hasbro Pulse Premium
- A Black Series subscription service?
- Let’s go on a Palitoy safari
- Luke Stormtrooper Disguise
- Black Series Wave 20
- Padme (AotC)
- B-1 Battle Droid
- Mace Windu
- Dryden Vos
- Han Solo (Mimban)
- Vice Admiral Holdo
- The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary line of Black Series figures
- We want Lobot
- Give us a closet to hang out in like Lobot
- Celebration Exclusive Black Series The Phantom Menace figures
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (padawan)
- Darth Maul
The Retro Collection
- Wave 1 discussion
- Is this a good idea?
- Yes you will be able to tell the difference from original Kenners
- New figures? New figures! Grand Moff Tarkin is a thing
Star Wars Hyperreal
- Darth Vader figure announced
- The “more better” strategy for this line to win in the high-end market
The Vintage Collection
- Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise
- Lando Skiff Guard
- Gamorrean Guard reissue
- Jabba’s Skiff
- Jabba’s Palace Adventure Set
- Skiff Guard 3-Pack
Triple Force Friday
- Products inspired by (?)
- Episode IX
- The Mandalorian
- Jedi: Fallen Order
- Where are we lining up?
- Products inspired by (?)
- Chris, Joe and Bill from Dorklair went to a small dealer toy show
- Paddycake paddycake we had a haul
- Suburban Chinese food restaurants are the best
- Opening up a Saga Legends General Grievous (2007)
- The Force Unleashed Ram Kota: The proto Kanan Jarrus
- McQuarrie series Vader and Starkiller
- The 40-Year Old Virgin had a pretty good life!
- Join Our Community: Discord Server
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Soundcloud | iHeart Radio | TuneIn | RSS
- RetroZap Podcast Network: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | RSS
- Social: BrewsAndBlasters.ninja | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter | Instagram
- Email: [email protected]
- Voicemail: (978) 219-6688
- T-Shirts: TeePublic Store
Support Brews and Blasters
- If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review. It helps, honestly, because more people will find the show. And if you take the time, we’ll really, really appreciate it. Plus, you’ll win an Oppo Award!
Support These Things, Too
- Go to JediNews and Fantha Tracks for ALL your Star Wars information! And, for the best Star Wars podcast reviews out there, head over to Roqoo Depot.
Born from the discussions between two friends at a local pub in the historic town of Salem, Massachusetts, Brews and Blasters is your chance to kick back, relax and then enjoy everything about that galaxy far, far away. Your hosts, Chris Salton (founder, The Collectors Hutt) as well as Joe Tavano (founder and editor in chief, RetroZap) sit down every week to do what would be doing anyway–talk about all things Star Wars, tell some stories, and of course, have a good time. Join Joe and Chris as they share their love for Star Wars, the most obscure Star Wars characters, Boston’s North Shore, 1980s pop culture and delicious food, and occasionally talk to fascinating people–and friends, like an anthropomorphic packet of crystallized lime.