Seven is center stage in this episode as Picard’s crew locates Bruce Maddox and gets a few more clues to the mystery about Soji and Dahj.
Fan favorite Seven of Nine has a rough several years keeping order in what remains of Romulan space. Life has not been kind to her. Although Picard doesn’t approve of all of her choices, they have some things in common and can help one another as Picard looks for Bruce Maddox on the gambling world of Freecloud.
On this episode of Warp Trails, we discuss:
- The dark tone of Picard compared to the original series and The Next Generation,
- The tragedy that surrounds Seven of Nine’s life after the events of Voyager,
- How the Romulan-Federation Neutral Zone disintegrated,
- Freecloud – the Vegas of Star Trek,
- The infiltration of Bjazyl’s organization,
- Rios, Picard, and Elnor undercover,
- Seven’s history with Bjayzl,
- How Gene Roddenberry’s passing allowed key scenes in this episode to happen,
- Picard and Seven discussin gtheir and
- Dr. Jurati’s extreme actions and reaction.
Warp Trails is the destination for Star Trek Discovery discussion and analysis. A RetroZap exclusive show–only on the RetroZap Podcast Network!
Welcome to Warp Trails. This weekly show reviews each episode of Star Trek, from Discovery to Picard, the latest incarnations of Star Trek airing on CBS All Access, and discusses Star Trek news. Your hosts are Dennis and Beth Keithly, a husband and wife team living in Texas. Beth is an old school fan of Star Trek whose fandom is grounded in The Original Series. Meanwhile, Dennis is a relatively more recent fan who traces his fandom to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. Since they met, Dennis and Beth made consumption of Star Trek content part of their weekly routine. The have also named four of their six pets after Star Trek characters.
Warp Trails is a RetroZap Exclusive Podcast. Subscribe to the RetroZap Podcast Network to get this and every other RetroZap show!