The first season of Star Trek: Picard concludes with Picard defending the synthetics from the Romulans and discussing existence with Data.
With the conclusion of the first season of Picard, there is plenty to talk about from the themes of the show, the execution of the plot, what worked, and what could have been improved.
On this episode of Warp Trails, we discuss:
- Picard’s last, desperate plan to defend the synthetics,
- The plot device that is anything and everything for everyone,
- Unresolved plot points (Narek, some of the synthetics, etc.),
- The final confrontation between Picard and the Romulans,
- The fate of the Borg and xBs, and
- Our overall thoughts and critique of the season finale.
Warp Trails is the destination for Star Trek Discovery discussion and analysis. A RetroZap exclusive show–only on the RetroZap Podcast Network!
Welcome to Warp Trails. This weekly show reviews each episode of Star Trek, from Discovery to Picard, the latest incarnations of Star Trek airing on CBS All Access, and discusses Star Trek news. Your hosts are Dennis and Beth Keithly, a husband and wife team living in Texas. Beth is an old school fan of Star Trek whose fandom is grounded in The Original Series. Meanwhile, Dennis is a relatively more recent fan who traces his fandom to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. Since they met, Dennis and Beth made consumption of Star Trek content part of their weekly routine. The have also named four of their six pets after Star Trek characters.
Warp Trails is a RetroZap Exclusive Podcast. Subscribe to the RetroZap Podcast Network to get this and every other RetroZap show!