Saru, Michael, and Culber investigate the planet from where the Burn originated while Acting Captain Tilly confronts Osyraa and the Emerald Chain.
The crew is wrapping up their memorial service for Philippa Georgiou when Stamets receives a notification that the ship computer has information from the Kelpien ship the Khi’eth. There is a life sign aboard. After receiving permission from Admiral Vance, the Discovery engages the spore drive to investigate. The away mission leads to many unexpected developments. In addition, Acting-Captain Tilly is forced to confront Osyraa and the Emerald Chain.
On this episode we discuss:
- Adira and Gray’s relationship and how this compares to other Trill,
- The mysterious child left behind on the planet of dilithium,
- Osyraa’s arrival and how she knows everything going on Discovery,
- Michael’s pep talk for Tilly before leaving on the away mission,
- The monster haunting the child,
- Tilly as acting captain of the Discovery,
- Saru and Culber’s reasons for joining the away team, and
- The conclusion of this episode and what comes next.
Warp Trails is the destination for Star Trek Discovery discussion and analysis. A RetroZap exclusive show–only on the RetroZap Podcast Network!
Welcome to Warp Trails. This weekly show reviews each episode of Star Trek, from Discovery to Picard, the latest incarnations of Star Trek airing on CBS All Access, and discusses Star Trek news. Your hosts are Dennis and Beth Keithly, a husband and wife team living in Texas. Beth is an old school fan of Star Trek whose fandom is grounded in The Original Series. Meanwhile, Dennis is a relatively more recent fan who traces his fandom to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. Since they met, Dennis and Beth made consumption of Star Trek content part of their weekly routine. The have also named four of their past six pets after Star Trek characters.
Warp Trails is a RetroZap Exclusive Podcast. Subscribe to the RetroZap Podcast Network to get this and every other RetroZap show!