Dennis and Beth examine “Point of Light” and discuss whether the Game of Thrones tone works in Discovery.
Three stories compete for attention on the latest episode of Discovery. Michael Burnham receives a surprise visit from her adoptive mother and they uncover more clues about Spock and his disappearance. Meanwhile, Tilly continues to experience visions of a dead childhood friend. Is it a ghost or something else? Plus, despite L’Rell subjugation of the Klingon Empire, all is not well on Qo’noS. However, help arrives from an unexpected source. Dennis and Beth are discussing all three plots of “Point of Light” on episode #2-3 of Warp Trails.
- Sarek’s diplomatic shuttle delivers an unexpected visitor and it is never a Vulcan when Burnham expects one,
- Burnham did something so horrible in her past that she can’t even confess it to her mom,
- The Starfleet Command Training Program has a half-marathon component, but it isn’t easy when you see dead people while running,
- Tilly’s big chance at impressing Captain Pike is hijacked by a ghost,
- The honor among the Klingons in the Empire is missing,
- Is Ash really Ash, Voq, or a hybrid?
- Did “Point of Light” serve a secondary purpose and set up another show? and
- Why was the best moment of “Point of Light” revealed in the trailer?
“Point of Light” is a departure from the tone of the previous two episodes of season two of Discovery, and Dennis and Beth are ready to talk about it. Thanks for joining us, live long and prosper, and “Remain Klingon!”
Warp Trails is the destination for Star Trek Discovery discussion and analysis. A RetroZap exclusive show–only on the RetroZap Podcast Network!
Welcome to Warp Trails. This weekly show reviews each episode of Star Trek Discovery, the latest incarnation of Star Trek airing on CBS All Access. Your hosts are Dennis and Beth Keithly, a husband and wife team living in Texas. Beth is an old school fan of Star Trek whose fandom is grounded in The Original Series. Meanwhile, Dennis is a relatively more recent fan who traces his fandom to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. Since they met, Dennis and Beth made consumption of Star Trek content part of their weekly routine. The have also named four of their five pets after Star Trek characters.
Warp Trails is a RetroZap Exclusive Podcast. Subscribe to the RetroZap Podcast Network to get this and every other RetroZap show!