Arrrrg, mateys! The secret of the scoundrelous booty this morning is wearing your pirate garb and heading to Krispy Kreme with your crew.
With pirate voices and a few deep breaths, shazbazzar and JediShua cover a sea of TechnoRetro news topics and more in this treasure chest of miscellany. You decide whether it should be buried, sunken, or shared with the gang.
[iframe url=”http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4677463/height/500/width/920/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/render-playlist/yes/custom-color/089efc/” width=”920″ height=”500″]
JediShua and shazbazzar put on their best pirate impressions for a bit of fun and a bite of free donuts from Krispy Kreme. After all, it’s Talk Like a Pirate Day on this autumnal Monday morning. How long can the ‘Dads keep these roguish, scoundrelous voices going? Not for 77 minutes, that’s for sure. So join TechnoRetro Dads for lots of news, cereal news, random zaniness, and…pirates! Or you can just watch The Pirate Movie from 1982.
In the NEWS…
- Hulu delves into a time-traveling comedy miniseries that mashes up TRON with The Last Starfighter, featuring Josh Hutcherson.
- Ally Sheedy sees the other side of high school in X-Men: Apocalypse.
- The Crow is the next movie to get a reboot.
- Indiana Jones gets a fanimation tribute from a talented artist.
- Captain EO celebrates thirty years.
- Star Wars Rebels season three premiers this Saturday.
We Love Our Cereal…
- Pumpkin Spice dominates the cereal aisles as fall gets started this week.
- Collegians in Pennsylvania recycle their cereal boxes as wallpaper.
- Stephen Colbert’s monologue gets remixed by Skrillex and Chance the Rapper.
- Canada gets the exclusive Cinnamon Toast Crunch doughnut at Country Style (and we haven’t heard from any EarBuds who have tried it, yet).
- PLUS: Silverhawks go great with Kellogg’s Apple Jacks for a tasty trip back in time with the Cereal Gourmet.
James Bond, spaceships, and Tom Hanks dominates the week in history as we learn about fully fictional history in our sometimes future history TechnoRetro Dads History Lesson.
Strap on your boots, put on your striped shirt, slap on an eyepatch, raise the blacklight flag, and head for the “Hot and Ready” fresh donuts sign at your local Krispy Kreme and talk like a pirate this morning with some free glazed donuts. And if you get a chance, send us your #TechnoRetro memories via electronic-M (podcast@TechnoRetroDads.com) or via voicemail at (209)TR-TRDAD. We want to hear from you!
Share and Enjoy!
About TechnoRetro Dads
Join shazbazzar and JediShua each week for a look back at the ’70s and ’80s as they share the fun and fandom of their youth with their families and also their friends. Topics include TV, film, music, toys, and games of the ’70s and ’80s as well as franchises which have continued into the 21st Century, like Star Wars, TRON, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and Big Trouble in Little China. TechnoRetro Dads is a blend of new stories and also old legends are passed down from one generation to the next.
If you’re a TechnoRetro Dad, the child of one, or just fondly remember the sci-fi/fantasy properties of the ’70s and ’80s, then this podcast is for you!