We celebrate Life Day with a discussion of the tales from George Mann and Cavan Scott’s Star Wars Life Day Treasury.
On this date in 1978, the Star Wars Holiday Special aired on network television and introduce Star Wars fans to Life Day for the very first time. It wasn’t particularly well received, and its reputation has not improved over time. However, Star Wars fans have still found a way to embrace the idea of Life Day. Every year, many fans find a way to celebrate this Star Wars winter holiday. This year, George Mann and Cavan Scott collaborated on a new collection of short stories: the Star Wars Life Day Treasury. On this episode of Podcast Stardust, we get into the Life Day spirit as we discuss all the fun of this collection.
In this fully armed and operational episode, we discuss:
- Stellan Gios tracking a suspicious thief on Solstice Tide,
- A droid captured by Jawas helps spread the hope of the Oil-bringer,
- How a twi’lek was inspired by a story of how a Sith was once defeated,
- The tale of how Wicket and friends hunted the legendary Kroolok,
- How old friends from Alderaan find common ground celebrating Winter’s Hearth,
- A story of a young girl that teachers her village to quit fearing the ghosts of Life Day,
- How one young man found his purpose and future on Jedha during Reflection Day, and
- The tale of Chewbacca’s family coming back together for Life Day.
For more Life Day focused episodes, check out our episode covering the LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special.
Thanks for joining us for another episode. Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and spread the word to all of your Star Wars friends. May the Force be with you!
Don’t forget to check out part 11 of our discussion of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in episode 335.
Contact the Hosts
Follow Jay’s cosplay adventures at J.Snips Cosplay on Instagram.
Find all of our episodes and Jay’s unboxing videos on YouTube.
Support the Show
Show your support with a Podcast Stardust T-Shirt available from TeePublic.
The best way to help Podcast Stardust is to share the show with friends.
Another great way to help is with an iTunes review.
Podcast Stardust is the fully armed and operational podcast inspired by the code name for the Death Star. Hosted by first-generation Star Wars fans, Dennis Keithly and Jay Krebs, Podcast Stardust endeavors to bring thought provoking discussion on recent Star Wars news on a weekly basis. Between news episodes, Dennis and Jay review the latest episodes from Star Wars television covering everything from Resistance, Rebels, and The Clone Wars to The Mandalorian and other live action productions on Disney+. Of course, Podcast Stardust wouldn’t be complete without thematic discussions, top ten lists, and interviews on everything from Star Wars literature, comics, and the films themselves.