Cavan Scott continues the story of the Republic and Jedi’s fight against the Nihil in The High Republic: The Rising Storm.
The Republic and the Jedi believed the Nihil has been defeated in Charles Soule’s Light of the Jedi. However, it is not so. The story continues in the next novel of The High Republic: The Rising Storm. Even though the Nihil are at each other’s throats, they are drawn together under Marchion Ro’s leadership and his hatred for the Republic. Ro rallies the Nihil for an attack on the Republic Fair on Valo with the goal of killing the Supereme Chancellor. The Nihil attack swiftly and without warning as the Jedi feverishly attempt to defend the Chancellor, the Fair, and the people of Valo from a vicious attack. We review Cavan Scott’s The Rising Storm on this episode of Podcast Stardust.
On this fully armed and operational episode of Podcast Stardust, we discuss:
- A summary of The Rising Storm and our impressions of the book,
- Marchion Ro’s quest for the Leveler,
- The conflict within the Nihil between Marchion Ro, Pan Etya, and Lourna Dee,
- Bell Zettifar’s development and adventures,
- Elzar Mann’s struggles with temptation and the dark side of the Force,
- The introduction of Jedi Master Stellan Gios,
- Lina Soh and her great works, including the Republic Fair,
- The debate as to whether the Republic should be funding a defense force,
- The Nihil’s assault on the Republic Fair, and
- The chilling conclusion to the novel.
.Thanks for joining us for another episode. Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and spread the word to all of your Star Wars friends. May the Force be with you!
Don’t forget to check out our discussion of Star Wars news in episode 290.
Contact the Hosts
Follow Jay’s cosplay adventures at J.Snips Cosplay on Instagram.
Find all of our episodes and Jay’s unboxing videos on YouTube.
Support the Show
Show your support with a Podcast Stardust T-Shirt available from TeePublic.
The best way to help Podcast Stardust is to share the show with friends.
Another great way to help is with an iTunes review.
Podcast Stardust is the fully armed and operational podcast inspired by the code name for the Death Star. Hosted by first-generation Star Wars fans, Dennis Keithly and Jay Krebs, Podcast Stardust endeavors to bring thought provoking discussion on recent Star Wars news on a weekly basis. Between news episodes, Dennis and Jay review the latest episodes from Star Wars television covering everything from Resistance, Rebels, and The Clone Wars to The Mandalorian and other live action productions on Disney+. Of course, Podcast Stardust wouldn’t be complete without thematic discussions, top ten lists, and interviews on everything from Star Wars literature, comics, and the films themselves.