Our Rogue One series continues as Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus join Cassian and Jyn’s cause on Jedha just as Jyn delivers a message to Saw Gerrera.
When Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, and K-2SO attempt to escape Jedha, they run right into a squad of Imperial stormtroopers. However, Chirrut Îmwe arrives and advises the stormtroopers to let them go in peace. When they fail to do so, Chirrut, backed by his friend Baze Malbus, springs into action. From there, the Rebels are taken to Saw Gerrera as the Empire prepares to test the Death Star by firing its primary weapon on the Holy City. We discuss all of this in the most recent episode in our year-long series examining Rogue One.
Clair Henry from Fantha Tracks and Planet Leia joins us for the latest entry into our Rogue One series.
On this fully armed and operational episode of the podcast, we discuss:
- K-2SO’s inability to ad lib and think on his feet when confronted by stormtroopers,
- Chirrut Îmwe’s arrival, his blindness, and his fight with the Imperials,
- Why and how Baze Malbus became disillusioned,
- The details of Saw Gerrera’s headquarters,
- Chirrut and Baze’s disagreement about the Force,
- Why Chirrut thinks Cassian Andor takes his prison with him wherever he goes,
- Saw Gerrera and Jyn Erso confronting each other for the first time in years, and
- Grand Moff Tarkin and Director Krennic preparing to test fire the Death Star.
Thanks for joining us for another episode. Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and spread the word to all of your Star Wars friends. May the Force be with you!
Don’t forget to check out our discussion of Rebels “Homecoming” in episode 245.
Contact the Hosts
Find all of our episodes and Jay’s unboxing videos on YouTube.
Support the Show
Show your support with a Podcast Stardust T-Shirt available from TeePublic.
The best way to help Podcast Stardust is to share the show with friends.
Another great way to help is with an iTunes review.
Podcast Stardust is the fully armed and operational podcast inspired by the code name for the Death Star. Hosted by first-generation Star Wars fans, Dennis Keithly and Jay Krebs, Podcast Stardust endeavors to bring thought provoking discussion on recent Star Wars news on a weekly basis. Between news episodes, Dennis and Jay review the latest episodes from Star Wars television covering everything from Resistance, Rebels, and The Clone Wars to The Mandalorian and other live action productions on Disney+. Of course, Podcast Stardust wouldn’t be complete without thematic discussions, top ten lists, and interviews on everything from Star Wars literature, comics, and the films themselves.