George Lucas revealed his vision for the sequel trilogy and it diverges drastically from the last three episodes. Darth Maul plays a major role.
It is no secret that George Lucas had different plans for the sequel trilogy. However, the extent to which his plans differed from the product that Disney and Lucasfilm started releasing in 2015 have largely been unknown beyond the fact that Lucas was disappointed they didn’t use his story. Now, the story outline of Lucas’s vision have come to light. His story would have taken the saga in a very different direction. We discuss that and more on this edition of Podcast Stardust.
On this fully armed and operational episode, we discuss:
- George Lucas’s vision for the sequel trilogy,
- How this would have changed the fate of Darth Maul,
- The character of Darth Talon and her origins,
- Luke and Leia’s roles in this alternate trilogy,
- A release date for John Powell’s Solo: A Star Wars Story Deluxe Edition soundtrack release,
- The new trailer for the LEGO Star Wars Life Day trailer,
- The release of From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back,
- A new excerpt from Star Wars: The High Republic – Light of the Jedi,
- Characters from The Mandalorian in Disney Magic Kingdoms, and
- The final HasLab Razor Crest update.
Thanks for joining us for another episode. Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and spread the word to all of your Star Wars friends. May the Force be with you!
Don’t forget to check out our discussion of The Mandalorian Chapter 10 – The Passenger in episode 178.
Contact the Hosts
Find all of our episodes and Jay’s unboxing videos on YouTube.
Support the Show
Show your support with a Podcast Stardust T-Shirt available from TeePublic.
The best way to help Podcast Stardust is to share the show with friends.
Another great way to help is with an iTunes review.
Podcast Stardust is the fully armed and operational podcast inspired by the code name for the Death Star. Hosted by first-generation Star Wars fans, Dennis Keithly and Jay Krebs, Podcast Stardust endeavors to bring thought provoking discussion on recent Star Wars news on a weekly basis. Between news episodes, Dennis and Jay review the latest episodes from Star Wars television covering everything from Resistance, Rebels, and The Clone Wars to The Mandalorian and other live action productions on Disney+. Of course, Podcast Stardust wouldn’t be complete without thematic discussions, top ten lists, and interviews on everything from Star Wars literature, comics, and the films themselves.