Anakin Skywalker and Asajj Ventress duel on Yavin IV and then General Grievous makes his debut hunting down Jedi on Hypori.
Volume One of Clone Wars concludes with Anakin’s epic duel against Asajj Ventress and then General Grievous’s hunt of stranded Jedi on Hypori. These chapters tease events in The Revenge of the Sith in a way that got audiences very excited for the release of the final chapter of the prequels. Although they may have been relegated to Legends, they are still exciting stories worthy of the attention of any Star Wars fan.
On this fully armed and operational episode, we discuss:
- Asajj hunting down the Clones dispatched to aid Anakin on Yavin IV,
- Anakin and Asajj taking their fight to the trees of Yavin IV,
- How the tide of the battle changes once they arrive at the temple,
- The key use of color to highlight dramatic moments during the fight,
- General Grievous’s debut in Clone Wars,
- The differences between this version of Grievous and his portrayal in Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars, and
- Some of the Easter eggs in the final battle of Volume One.
Thanks for joining us for another episode. Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and spread the word to all of your Star Wars friends. May the Force be with you!
Contact the Hosts
Find all of our episodes and Jay’s unboxing videos on YouTube.
Support the Show
Show your support with a Podcast Stardust T-Shirt available from TeePublic.
The best way to help Podcast Stardust is to share the show with friends.
Another great way to help is with an iTunes review.
Podcast Stardust is the fully armed and operational podcast inspired by the code name for the Death Star. Hosted by first-generation Star Wars fans, Dennis Keithly and Jay Krebs, Podcast Stardust endeavors to bring thought provoking discussion on recent Star Wars news on a weekly basis. Between news episodes, Dennis and Jay review the latest episodes from Star Wars television covering everything from Resistance, Rebels, and The Clone Wars to The Mandalorian and other live action productions on Disney+. Of course, Podcast Stardust wouldn’t be complete without thematic discussions, top ten lists, and interviews on everything from Star Wars literature, comics, and the films themselves.