Luke Skywalker has arrived in Cloud City. Now, as he attempts to rescue Leia, Han, and Chewbacca, he encounters Darth Vader.
Our celebration of the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back is getting closer and closer to the end. In this installment, we turn to Luke Skywalker’s climactic confrontation with Darth Vader. Particularly, we discuss Luke’s motivation and what was driving him in this moment. Plus, discretion might have been the better part of valor. Luke was arrived at Cloud City with the stated goal of helping his friends. However, he strayed from that goal pretty quickly. Where did he go wrong?
On this fully armed and operational episode:
- Becca Benjamin from Kanata’s Castle and Tarkin’s Top Shelf joins us to discuss this segment of The Empire Strikes Back,
- Becca shares her favorite moments and characters from The Empire Strikes Back,
- We discuss the symbolism of color and time in this segment,
- Whether Luke should have fought Darth Vader at all,
- Why Luke decided to pursue Darth Vader instead of helping his friends,
- Darth Vader’s tactics in fighting Luke, and
- Leia’s reactions to leaving Cloud City.
Thanks for joining us for another episode. Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and spread the word to all of your Star Wars friends. May the Force be with you!
Contact the Hosts
Find all of our episodes and Jay’s unboxing videos on YouTube.
Support the Show
Show your support with a Podcast Stardust T-Shirt available from TeePublic.
The best way to help Podcast Stardust is to share the show with friends.
Another great way to help is with an iTunes review.
Podcast Stardust is the fully armed and operational podcast inspired by the code name for the Death Star. Hosted by first-generation Star Wars fans, Dennis Keithly and Jay Krebs, Podcast Stardust endeavors to bring thought provoking discussion on recent Star Wars news on a weekly basis. Between news episodes, Dennis and Jay review the latest episodes from Star Wars television covering everything from Resistance, Rebels, and The Clone Wars to The Mandalorian and other live action productions on Disney+. Of course, Podcast Stardust wouldn’t be complete without thematic discussions, top ten lists, and interviews on everything from Star Wars literature, comics, and the films themselves.