Thrawn is back in a new novel from Timothy Zahn outlining the Grand Admirals origins and how the Chiss Ascendancy is arranged.
Since his introduction in the Heir to the Empire trilogy, Thrawn has been a Star Wars fan favorite villain. Thrawn returned to Star Wars canon when Dave Filoni introduced him to Star Wars: Rebels. Timothy Zahn then wrote a trilogy of novels featuring the blue-skinned Grand Admiral of the Empire that explained how he came to the Empire and detailed his career up until Rebels. Now, Thrawn’s origins with the Chiss Ascendancy are explored in a new trilogy that starts with Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising.
On this fully armed and operational podcast, we discuss:
- Whether Chaos Rising works as a Star Wars novel,
- The organization of the Chiss Ascendancy,
- The structure of the Sith families,
- Skywalkers and their roles in Chiss society,
- How Thrawn failed to understand politics,
- Whether Thrawn’s abilities to analyze art to discern tactics actually works,
- Thrawn’s rivalry with Yiv the Benevolent of the Nikardun,
- The cameo of a major Star Wars character,
- How Thrawn’s own family fears his potential to bring down the Ascendancy, and
- The general plot of the book.
Thanks for joining us for another episode. Please subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and spread the word to all of your Star Wars friends. May the Force be with you!
Contact the Hosts
Find all of our episodes and Jay’s unboxing videos on YouTube.
Support the Show
Show your support with a Podcast Stardust T-Shirt available from TeePublic.
The best way to help Podcast Stardust is to share the show with friends.
Another great way to help is with an iTunes review.
Podcast Stardust is the fully armed and operational podcast inspired by the code name for the Death Star. Hosted by first-generation Star Wars fans, Dennis Keithly and Jay Krebs, Podcast Stardust endeavors to bring thought provoking discussion on recent Star Wars news on a weekly basis. Between news episodes, Dennis and Jay review the latest episodes from Star Wars television covering everything from Resistance, Rebels, and The Clone Wars to The Mandalorian and other live action productions on Disney+. Of course, Podcast Stardust wouldn’t be complete without thematic discussions, top ten lists, and interviews on everything from Star Wars literature, comics, and the films themselves.