In this episode of Kanata’s Castle, Becca and Devon celebrate Valentine’s Day by taking a closer look at Love and how that theme varies throughout the Skywalker Saga. Your hosts go over the main couples from each trilogy and discuss which category of Love fits their relationship best. But first, they chitchat about the latest in Star Wars News.
“Because she saw your spirit. Your heart. Rey, some things are stronger than blood. Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi. Your destiny.” When Luke says this to Rey, so much that had been left unsaid, is now revealed. Our eyes and hearts are opened wide. Finally, someone else, other than Anakin, is following their heart instead of their head, and it’s being praised, not reprimanded. After all, Love is central to a Jedi’s life, and they should be encouraged to love.
Mentions and News
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrung
- Join the RetroZap Discord Server and interact with all the RetroZap content creators https://discord.gg/hrfQ3s
- Intro by the talented Vanessa Marshall – the voice of Hera in Star Wars Rebels.
- Give a hospitalized child a Starlight Brave Gown — and a huge smile — TODAY
- Tip Jar is on the Bar! https://www.ko-fi.com/ti
- Kanata’s Castle Podcast LOGO T-shirts are Here!
- Project Luminous, February 24th?
- Footage of “underworld,” a live-action series from George Lucas pre-Disney era revealed?
- Do the new Darth Vader Comic Series showcase new haunts for Vader and the whereabouts of Luke’s hand?
- Outro Music – https://youtu.be/WmHECsSnU28
- Outro Music 2 – Huey Lewis – The Power Of Love https://youtu.be/VkAVfsw5xSQ
- Show Art credit – https://imgbin.com/
Are you ready to add some spontaneity into your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
Devon Meyers is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media. She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 58, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and one of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, and Facebook @Red5Mom.
Becca Benjamin is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.