In this episode of Kanata’s Castle, Becca and Devon find Solace in Star Wars. In other words, Star Wars IS therapy. Well, it is for some, and Kanata’s Castle is a place of refuge. But first, your hosts dive into the latest Star Wars news and go over the most recent episodes of Star Wars Resistance. So, dim the lights and get cozy with Kanata’s Castle as they find solace in the galaxy far, far away!
So what is it about Star Wars that helps ease the doldrums of everyday life? Is it the grand scoring of John Williams? The self-empowerment of Princess Leia or the escape within Luke’s hero’s journey? Whomever or whatever you connect with, make no mistake, Star Wars is remarkably therapeutic in a unique way. In other words, it consoles each of us, in a way that’s individually our own. Star Wars, like Kanata’s Castle, is for Everyone!
Mentions and News
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrung
- Join the RetroZap Discord Server and interact with all the RetroZap content creators https://discord.gg/hrfQ3s
- Intro by the talented Vanessa Marshall – the voice of Hera in Star Wars Rebels.
- Give a hospitalized child a Starlight Brave Gown — and a huge smile — TODAY
- Tip Jar is on the Bar! https://www.ko-fi.com/tipmaz
- Kanata’s Castle Podcast LOGO T-shirts are Here!
- https://www.rabb.it/Kanatascastle = Rabbit watch party room
- Star Wars Celebration Prep
- Star Wars Resistance
- Queen’s Shadow makes the NY Best Seller List
- “Master and Apprentice” is coming to our galaxy soon!
- Outtro music -John Paul Young ~ “Love Is In The Air 1978 Disco Purrfection Version” https://youtu.be/4cIUylAUbwM
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Are you ready to add some spontaneity into your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
Devon Meyers is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media. She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 55, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and two of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, and Facebook @Red5Mom.
Becca Benjamin is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.