No Star Wars? Thank the Maker it Exists! Yes, it’s true. This holiday season marks the first without a Star Wars film since the Disney merger. So, Kanata’s Castle is going to take a walk down memory lane and reflect on, Star Wars: The Last Jedi. In this episode, Becca and Devon go-over the latest Star Wars news and then rehash the most controversial Star Wars movie of all-time, Rian Johnson’s hot potato, The Last Jedi.
It’s the year without a Star Wars! Ok, maybe that’s not the whole truth, but it is the first Christmas without a Star Wars film since Disney took over. That said, Kanata’s Castle is going to seize the moment and in true holiday fashion, reflect on the here and now as they look at The Last Jedi one year later.
Mentions and News
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrung
- Join the RetroZap Discord Server and interact with all the RetroZap content creators https://discord.gg/hrfQ3s
- Intro by the talented Vanessa Marshall – the voice of Hera in Star Wars Rebels.
- Give a hospitalized child a Starlight Brave Gown — and a huge smile — TODAY
- Tip Jar is on the Bar! https://www.ko-fi.com/tipmaz
- Kanata’s Castle Podcast LOGO T-shirts are Here!
- https://www.rabb.it/Kanatascastle = Rabbit watch party room
- Ludwig Goransson will be scoring The Mandalorian
- The Hamill’s celebrate 40 years of marriage
- Rian Johnson celebrates his birthday
- Star Wars Resistance gives General Leia Organa much respect by making her presence more prominent in the series.
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Are you ready to add some spontaneity into your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
Devon Meyers is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media. She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 55, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and two of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook @Red5Mom.
Becca Benjamin is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi, and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.