It’s episode “Four” and we’re back for more! That’s right, Becca and Devon are ready to do what they do best. Talk about Star Wars! In this episode, they discuss Star Wars Moms. Well, from a certain point of view.
Since the beginning, Star Wars has always been about family. Viewers watched a young Luke grow from the guidance of his Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, and face the trials, and tribulations from his biological father’s troubled past. Viewers followed his Hero’s Journey. And viewers were with him when he accepted his father’s path towards the dark side as his own, and did the unexpected by bringing his father, Anakin Skywalker, back to the light side of the Force.
Luke, Anakin, and many other Star Wars characters have had a family influence during their life’s journey. It is those relationships and influences, especially Star Wars Moms, that will be our main topic for today. After all, a mother’s love is a powerful gift, from a certain point of view.
Kanata’s Castle #4: Star Wars Moms: “From a Certain Point of View”
- IGN reports a new Vader comic series on the origins of his Lightsaber
- SWCO News: #LeiaDay
- badge artwork (Rey 4-day, Luke Jedi Master)
- Michael Kenneth Williams joins the cast for the Han Solo film
- Timothy Zahn’s “Thrawn” reveals that Thrawn knew Anakin Skywalker and knows the true identity of Darth Vader.
- Star Wars Rebels: Maul’s Revenge previews
- Star Wars Rebels: Double Agent Droid
- Rian Johnson’s tweet: Last and Final meanings pertaining to “The Last Jedi”
- Furious Fanboys: How Frank Oz feels George Lucas’s version of VII would’ve differed from JJ’s.
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars Rebels
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- The Aftermath trilogy
- Star Wars: Bloodline
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrunge
- iTunes reviews
- K. Ren/Mizzouatheart and Amy Wishman
Are you ready to add some spontaneity in your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media.
She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 55, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and two of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook @Red5Mom
In addition to co-hosting duties on Kanata’s Castle,
is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi, and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.