Kanata’s Castle is back with Rey’s Reflections. In this episode, Becca and Devon take a closer look at Rey and how her character mirrors and parallels those that have come before her. When all is said and done, what is Rey’s role in the story? Well, be sure to sidle up to the bar and get comfy. That said, hang on to your drinks and enjoy the acquired taste that is, Kanata’s Castle.
A mirror reflects light. It reflects an image. A mirror produces an accurate representation of something else. A replica. Rey’s Reflections, in other words, Rey is a reminder of those that have come before: Han, Luke, Leia, and possibly, deeper down the line. She’s a Reality Check for the Big 3, without her none of them would be able to connect again (not literally, but figuratively speaking) and come full-circle in their story.
Kanata’s Castle #36: Rey’s Reflections
- Solo: A Star Wars Story comes home on digital September 14th and BluRay September 25th!
- SDCC going on Right Now! The Clone Wars Panel!
- Padme’ in Star Wars: Thrawn: Alliances is doing Aggressive Negotiations.
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrung
- Join the RetroZap Discord Server and interact with all the RetroZap content creators https://discord.gg/hrfQ3s
- Intro by the talented Vanessa Marshall – the voice of Herra in Star Wars Rebels.
- Give a hospitalized child a Starlight Brave Gown — and a huge smile — TODAY
- Tip Jar is on the Bar! https://www.ko-fi.com/K3K7GMEC
- Kanata’s Castle Podcast LOGO T-shirts are Here!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Junior Edition Novel by Michael Kogge
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:
Are you ready to add some spontaneity into your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media.
She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 55, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and two of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook @Red5Mom.
is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi, and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.