Becca and Devon are back in the Castle! This time, your hosts are going to tackle that burning question that every Star Wars fan is yearning to know: Were Han and Leia “Bad Parents?”
Yup, they dive-in and discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly of parenthood. So, probably a good idea to find a Jedi Knight and borrow their ‘breather.’ Kanata’s Castle is about to go deep!
Every situation is different. Every family dynamic is different. In turn, every family is different, yes, but yet we are the same. Parents. Parenting. Parenthood. None of it is easy. It doesn’t matter what color your skin is. It doesn’t matter what your orientation is. As parents, we all go through the trials and tribulations of raising our younglings as best as we can.
Kanata’s Castle #31: Were Han and Leia “Bad Parents?”
- Ron Howard Q & A: Chewie gets his own theme song
- New Books: Flight of the Falcon
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars debut trailer Celebrates 10 Years!
- Star Wars Resistance
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrung
- Give a hospitalized child a Starlight Brave Gown — and a huge smile — TODAY
- Devon hosted on Neil Lowlery’s Podcast!
- Cover Art or little Ben Solo with Han and Leia by Jen http://lazy-afternooner.tumblr.com/
Affinities and reveries
- Audio and written words read by Devon Meyers are from YouTube video https://youtu.be/OvxW2QR0KOs By Wemlix. Please visit and subscribe to this channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaUMKigiPvTxAUaczafB2Tw
- Last Shot
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Jason Fry’s novel adaptation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Michael Kogge’s Young Adult novel of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:
Are you ready to add some spontaneity into your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media.
She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 55, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and two of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook @Red5Mom.
is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi, and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.