They say, “third time’s a charm,” right? Well, let’s hope that’s true because Becca and Devon are back for their third episode, and this time, it’s all about those meddling Skywalkers and that “Hokey Religion.” the Force.
The Force, per Obi-Wan, is “an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together.”
According to Star Wars lore and history, the Force was a mystical energy field that connected all living things in the galaxy. The power of the Force or the belief in it i.e. “Church of the Force” could be practiced by anyone who was sensitive to it or at the very least, open to it. It’s a power that was tapped through the midichlorians, which according to Qui-Gon resided in all living things. The Force had many aliases or factions. For example, the Lasats, called it the Ashla, and described it as “the spirit of the galaxy.” The Force is said to be a concept that existed for well over 25,000 years via Wikipedia.
Now, all that said, how does this apply to the Skywalker family?
Kanata’s Castle #3: The Skywalkers: The Force, it’s Strong in their Family
- The untitled Han Solo movie started filming February 20th
- Rogue One is coming home starting March 24th with Digital HD and DVD on April
- Rey’s new hairdo
- Andi from “The Star Wars Show” has hinted at something “big” happening at the 40th celebration panel in SWCO. Is it George?
- JJ Abrams says Mark Hamill will receive an Oscar for his Luke performance in “The Last Jedi.”
- Star Wars Celebration Orlando chatter
- The Force Awakens
- Revenge of the Sith novelization by Matthew Stover
- Empire’s End by Chuck Wendig
- Bloodline novel by Claudia Gray
- ―Yoda, from the Great Holocron Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (Legends)
- Mark Austin – Special Editions (ANH) Boba Fett
- @ChrisPatNolan – Chris Nolan – “Launch Guy” Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Mark Hamill
- Timothy Zahn – author of Thrawn
- Ben Daniels- Blue Leader General Merrick @bendanielss
- Dave Hackerson @NorskAkiruno – shout out for the insightful emails. We appreciate it!
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrunge
Are you ready to add some spontaneity in your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media.
She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 55, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and two of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook @Red5Mom
In addition to co-hosting duties on Kanata’s Castle,
is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi, and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.