In light of Valentine’s Day, Becca & Devon have decided to have a heart-to-heart chat on the romantic aspects of Star Wars. Star Wars: star-crossed lovers that span across the stars of the galaxy far, far away.
Starting with the bantering romance between the smug scoundrel and the prim princess of the original trilogy (I love you, I know), to the doomed-from-the-start love affair between the bad boy Jedi and the “absolute-angel” from the prequels. And, well, everything in between…After all, “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
Kanata’s Castle #2: I Love You, I Know
- News Recap: Star Wars Rebels: video clip from “The Legacy of Mandalore.” Bob Iger’s statement on “The Skywalker Saga.” Reddit Fan Theory on Benecio Del Torro’s character and More!
- Listener Feedback & Poll Participation: Results are in! Character Couples, who won?
- Our TOP 5 Space Married or Star Wars Couples: We name our favorite couples of the Star Wars universe and we discuss yours too.
- A picture is worth a thousand words: in this episode we feature a photo of the late Carrie Fisher on set of A New Hope listening intently and hanging on every word from her costar, Harrison Ford. We discuss the relevance of the dialogue spoken in “Indiana Jones” between Indy & Marion, and how that may have imitated Real Life.
- To view the picture for this discussion go to our tumbler page https://castlekanata.tumblr.com/post/157484961231/a-picture-is-worth-a-thousand-words-we-invite-you
- Follow our own Bala Tik sounding voice artist, Liam Howie @LunaticGrunge
- The audio song with dialogue edit at the end is by YouTuber Abby
Follow her at TWITTER:@organaeverdeen, VINE: hanleia edits, TUMBLR: http://www.mellarkscheesebuns.tumblr.com
- https://youtu.be/SqUtVXVONqo Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley (Haley Reinhart Cover)
Are you ready to add some spontaneity in your podcast rotation? Are you looking for a show that’s entertaining, engaging, and fun? How about a Star Wars podcast that welcomes anyone no matter where they are on their fandom journey throughout the entire saga? Well, look no further. The podcast you seek is not behind you–it is ahead. You’ve arrived at Kanata’s Castle.
is an Oppo-Award-winning podcast listener now turned podcaster. She first saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 16 and vowed she would one day marry Luke Skywalker. After The Force Awakens teaser in 2014 and then attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015, her fandom had an awakening. Devon started writing and became involved in fandom social media.
She started a YouTube channel where she shares her gaming highlights from Star Wars Battlefront, trailer reactions, one of which was featured on “The Star Wars Show,” videos about “Cooking Star Wars,” and shares her fandom in “Show & Tell with Red5Mom,” Devon’s Star Wars Story can be heard on Scott Ryfun’s podcast “My Star Wars Story.”
She is also an award-winning cosplay artist and member of the Rebel Legion as a formal Jocasta Nu. At age 55, she considers herself to be a vintage Star Wars fan. She is retired from youth sports photography and preschool teaching and resides in Virginia with her husband, mother in law, and two of her four kids. Follow her on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook @Red5Mom
In addition to co-hosting duties on Kanata’s Castle,
is the former editor-in-chief of the Cantina Cast website and current co-host of Tarkin’s Top Shelf. She also prepares titles and captions for Lucasfilm artist Steve Anderson and contributes to Coffee with Kenobi, and Makingstarwars.net. In her words, “I do Star Wars! Yes, it’s a verb and my escape from the mundane ways of life. In other words, I’m just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe.” Connect with Becca on Twitter @urangelb.