Dan says it was a middle finger, not a thumbs up. BB-8 thug life.
Welcome Funko fans to another edition of the Funko Pop! Star Wars Guide. This week the guide features #61 BB-8, Star Wars latest in a line of lovable droids. It kind of goes without saying that every collector or fan needs to have a BB-8 Pop! on the shelf. Let’s get to it!
This Pop! was part of the Force Friday wave that I seem to never stop talking about. I’m sorry, I had a blast that night. If for some reason you don’t have this little fella yet, you are in luck. He is everywhere still. So, now would be a good time to hop up and go on a hunt and free BB-8 for the grips of
Teedo Target. There is only one other BB-8 Pop! out there so there is no need to feel like you might be over doing it. Let’s add him to the shelves friends!
Not taking anything away from Funko here, but this had to be a sigh of relief on their part in terms of how easy it would be to mold and design this. Not to say this Pop! lacks detail, it is in fact loaded with it. The panels on the ball are very detailed and the paint application makes BB-8 look like he came right off the assembly line. The BB-8 Pop! does loose some points for its less than ideal bobble movement. Only so much could have been done, but I’m all about that bobble. Great Pop! overall with very little to complain about.
- BB-8 was not giving a lighter thumbs up, that was a big honking robot middle finger.
- Han Solo calling BB-8 “Ball” is an all-time Han Solo line.
- I have a life size BB-8. Humble brag.
- I think BB-8 wants to fight R2-D2.
- Would have loved to see a heist movie featuring R2, BB-8, K2-SO and Threepio. Hell throw in Chopper for good measure.
- The fact that Jean Ralphio and Bill Hader were involved in the sound of BB-8’s voice is utterly amazing.
- While I am on the topic of Star Wars and Parks and Recreation everyone should take a minute and watch this amazing video.
That should do it for this week friends! With Celebration fast approaching, I have my hands full trying to get ready. I really hope to meet all the fellow Funko collector’s in Orlando. If you have any questions or comments please find me on Twitter @DengarDan. Until next time, happy hunting.