Chris and Joe are out this week and in their place are MTV-7 and CAP-2 Captivator—otherwise known as the Corellian hip-hop supergroup The Mini Rigs. From Zorri Bliss to the Knights of Ren to the instantly prophetic shot of Luke and Artoo, we have thoughts on the Vanity Fair article you’re not going to hear anywhere else!
Joe never gets the numbers right but we assure you this is episode 211, and in this one, Chris and Joe come up with their hip-hop alter egos—the Mini Rigs, DJs CAP-2 Captivator and MTV-7, and less importantly, get into the Vanity Fair Star Wars revelations. Plus, a new entry from the Star Wars Alien Archive, updates on the Oppo Awards, and a vintage Kenner NeedEm GotEm. Get on your orbacks, people! The Star Wars party starts NOW! It’s time for Brews and Blasters.
- A vision of the future of podcasting
- Milestones and #foodquest updates
- Joe doesn’t just break keto, he supersmashes it.
- Star Wars Alien Archive entry: Arcona
- Vanity Fair revelations for The Rise of Skywalker
- Theories about the Knights of Ren
- Zorri Bliss talk
- What’s an allegiant general?
- Orbacks & Aki-Aki
- The Rey/Kylo connection
- The Luke Skywalker picture
- NeedEm Gotem
- Kenner Mini Rig: Cap-2 Captivator IN BOX!
- Min Rigs are the perfect Rap/hip-hop alter egos
- Oppo Awards
- An update on how to win the coveted Oppo Award winner!
- Join Our Community: Discord Server
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Soundcloud | iHeart Radio | TuneIn | RSS
- RetroZap Podcast Network: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | RSS
- Social: BrewsAndBlasters.ninja | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter | Instagram
- Email: [email protected]
- Voicemail: (978) 219-6688
- T-Shirts: TeePublic Store
Support Brews and Blasters
- If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review. It helps, honestly, because more people will find the show. And if you take the time, we’ll really, really appreciate it. Plus, you’ll win an Oppo Award!
Support These Things, Too
- Go to JediNews and Fantha Tracks for ALL your Star Wars information! And, for the best Star Wars podcast reviews out there, head over to Roqoo Depot.
Born from the discussions between two friends at a local pub in the historic town of Salem, Massachusetts, Brews and Blasters is your chance to kick back, relax and then enjoy everything about that galaxy far, far away. Your hosts, Chris Salton (founder, The Collectors Hutt) as well as Joe Tavano (founder and editor in chief, RetroZap) sit down every week to do what would be doing anyway–talk about all things Star Wars, tell some stories, and of course, have a good time. Join Joe and Chris as they share their love for Star Wars, the most obscure Star Wars characters, Boston’s North Shore, 1980s pop culture and delicious food, and occasionally talk to fascinating people–and friends, like an anthropomorphic packet of crystallized lime.