Did Indiana Jones ever use a telephone? What would a Workaholics-style show look like starring the Max Rebo Band? These deep thoughts, plus reviews of Dooku: Jedi Lost, Whistlepig Rye, and Fear Factory albums.
There is so much Star Wars going on right now, it’s impossible to cover it all. But we’ll try! In between discussion on The Rise of Skywalker, new untitled firms, Indiana Jones in the modern world, and Dooku: Jedi Lost, we’re also spending precious time discussing Fear Factory, Whistlepig rye, and that irresistible Boston accent. Let’s go, Warheads! The Star Wars party starts NOW! It’s time for Brews and Blasters.
- Peter Mayhew Tribute
- Intro: “It’s getting a little easier.”
- The Boston Accent: Smoother than Lando?
- Where we’ve been:
- Remembering The Phantom Menace release, 1999 and Fear Factory
- Whistlepig Rye
- Jaime King (Aurra Sing) in Black Summer
- Solo: A Star Wars Story turns one!
- The Star Wars Alien Archive entry
- Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Internet
- Are there any telephones in the Indiana Jones films?
- Three new Star Wars films!
- Benioff & Weiss trilogy?
- What’s up with Rian Johnson?
- Revisiting the anthology From a Certain Point of View
- A third announced Disney+ series! Our theory: A Workaholics-style show starring the Max Rebo Band
- Dooku: Jedi Lost audio drama discussion
- Rhode Island Comic Con vs Fan Expo Boston
- “Shout outs to all my squids!”
- Chief Wicket?
Show art this week by Aaron McBride.
- Join Our Community: Discord Server
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Soundcloud | iHeart Radio | TuneIn | RSS
- RetroZap Podcast Network: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | RSS
- Social: BrewsAndBlasters.ninja | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter | Instagram
- Email: [email protected]
- Voicemail: (978) 219-6688
- T-Shirts: TeePublic Store
Support Brews and Blasters
- If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review. It helps, honestly, because more people will find the show. And if you take the time, we’ll really, really appreciate it. Plus, you’ll win an Oppo Award!
Support These Things, Too
- Go to JediNews and Fantha Tracks for ALL your Star Wars information! And, for the best Star Wars podcast reviews out there, head over to Roqoo Depot.
Born from the discussions between two friends at a local pub in the historic town of Salem, Massachusetts, Brews and Blasters is your chance to kick back, relax and then enjoy everything about that galaxy far, far away. Your hosts, Chris Salton (founder, The Collectors Hutt) as well as Joe Tavano (founder and editor in chief, RetroZap) sit down every week to do what would be doing anyway–talk about all things Star Wars, tell some stories, and of course, have a good time. Join Joe and Chris as they share their love for Star Wars, the most obscure Star Wars characters, Boston’s North Shore, 1980s pop culture and delicious food, and occasionally talk to fascinating people–and friends, like an anthropomorphic packet of crystallized lime.