This week, we’re taking a trip back into the deep 80s, but not before we imagine a Willow/Breaking Bad mashup and get a good look at the weird guys in the upcoming Star Wars Alien Archive. This episode might be a Brews and Blasters instant classic.
Hey guys, this episode was recorded before the announcement of the passing of legend Peter Mayhew; we will have more to say on this great man and his legacy in the coming weeks. On this episode of Brews and Blasters, we’re heading straight back to the 80s with some primo music, memories and much more. Plus, a Willow series is in development, Joe shares some revelations from Master and Apprentice, and Chris is loving the Star Wars Alien Archive. This is it, Warheads! The Star Wars Party Starts NOW! It’s time for Brews and Blasters.
- Chris forgot to turn on the lights
- Joe confused this movie and this movie
- The bounty hunters are coming to Rhode Island Comic Con
- Welcome to Brews and Blasters, you.
- Tiny video game systems
- Willow 2? A Willow series is in development at Disney+!
- Going to movies as a kid in the 80s
- George Lucas, director of Captain Eo, visited the set of Game of Thrones. (Hear Joe talk trones on We Know Nothing
- Let’s live in 1985 for a few minutes
- Disney + —the Netflix killer?
- Vader Immortal Episode One trailer
- Celebration Anaheim 2020…dreams
Master and Apprentice by Claudia Grey discussion begins at 36:00.
- Plot revelations & full discussion until 45:30
- Star Wars Alien Archive Review
- Excellent art & factual, canon descriptions of every alien species in Star Wars
- Wrap up
- Join Our Community: Discord Server
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Soundcloud | iHeart Radio | TuneIn | RSS
- RetroZap Podcast Network: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | RSS
- Social: BrewsAndBlasters.ninja | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter | Instagram
- Email: [email protected]
- Voicemail: (978) 219-6688
- T-Shirts: TeePublic Store
Support Brews and Blasters
- If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review. It helps, honestly, because more people will find the show. And if you take the time, we’ll really, really appreciate it. Plus, you’ll win an Oppo Award!
Support These Things, Too
- Go to JediNews and Fantha Tracks for ALL your Star Wars information! And, for the best Star Wars podcast reviews out there, head over to Roqoo Depot.
Born from the discussions between two friends at a local pub in the historic town of Salem, Massachusetts, Brews and Blasters is your chance to kick back, relax and then enjoy everything about that galaxy far, far away. Your hosts, Chris Salton (founder, The Collectors Hutt) as well as Joe Tavano (founder and editor in chief, RetroZap) sit down every week to do what would be doing anyway–talk about all things Star Wars, tell some stories, and of course, have a good time. Join Joe and Chris as they share their love for Star Wars, the most obscure Star Wars characters, Boston’s North Shore, 1980s pop culture and delicious food, and occasionally talk to fascinating people–and friends, like an anthropomorphic packet of crystallized lime.