Come along with us as we take a tour of four days of full Star Wars geekery! In part one, we recount our personal Celebration Chicago experiences and surprises while relaying to you what it’s like to find the perfect steak tip on your plate.
It’s our obligatory Celebration recap episode, but it’s also a bourbon night at the Brews and Blasters beatlab! We go into everything we experienced at Celebration Chicago, from meet-and-greets, photo ops, friends, food and more! After this episode, it will be like you were by our side the whole time! Part one of this Star Wars party starts NOW! It’s time for Brews and Blasters.
Celebration Chicago: Food Time
- We experienced the one perfect Steak Tip of a lifetime at Champion’s Pub in Peabody.
- Giordano’s deep-dish pizza review
- Our go-to tapas dishes
- Celebration con food
- The convention breakfasts
- We’re jam guys
Celebration Chicago: Thursday
- The flight to Chicago
- The autograph hall
- The merch floor
- The venue
- Could Boston be the home of a future Celebration?
- We Know Nothing is back!
- Acquisitions & Swag! A Teek collectible
- Going inside the Millennium Falcon
- Where would YOU sit in the cockpit of the Falcon?
Celebration Chicago: Friday
- Breakfast: corned beef hash & eggs
- Thoughts on the lottery system
- Experiencing the Episode IX panel from the Overflow Room
- Running into David Collins from The Soundtrack Show
- More autographs! Erin Kelleyman, Paul Bettany, Warwick Davis, Katie Sackhoff
- I can see through chrome
- Why did Paul Bettany look so creepy in beige?
- We need more Willow
- Chris needs to see Battlestar Galactica, and Joe’s a BSG spokesman
- Deep dish pizza
Celebration Chicago: Saturday
- Meeting Ahmed Best
- The crowd outpouring of love for Ahmed Best & Kelly Marie Tran
- The signed Jar-Jar figure
- The Clone Wars panel & star photo ops
- Meeting Chukkha-Trok (Kevin Thompson), the lumberjack ewok and his amazing swag!
- Buying an unpunched, carded Gamorrean Guard
- The RetroZap party
Celebration Chicago: Sunday
- The Mandalorian panel
- Filoni and Favreau bromance
- Meeting Greg Grunberg, a great guy
- Doug Chiang
- Ashley Eckstein
- A very special thank you
- Burgers with First Order Transmissions
- Join Our Community: Discord Server
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Soundcloud | iHeart Radio | TuneIn | RSS
- RetroZap Podcast Network: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | RSS
- Social: BrewsAndBlasters.ninja | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter | Instagram
- Email: [email protected]trozap.com
- Voicemail: (978) 219-6688
- T-Shirts: TeePublic Store
Support Brews and Blasters
- If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review. It helps, honestly, because more people will find the show. And if you take the time, we’ll really, really appreciate it. Plus, you’ll win an Oppo Award!
Support These Things, Too
- Go to JediNews and Fantha Tracks for ALL your Star Wars information! And, for the best Star Wars podcast reviews out there, head over to Roqoo Depot.
Born from the discussions between two friends at a local pub in the historic town of Salem, Massachusetts, Brews and Blasters is your chance to kick back, relax and then enjoy everything about that galaxy far, far away. Your hosts, Chris Salton (founder, The Collectors Hutt) as well as Joe Tavano (founder and editor in chief, RetroZap) sit down every week to do what would be doing anyway–talk about all things Star Wars, tell some stories, and of course, have a good time. Join Joe and Chris as they share their love for Star Wars, the most obscure Star Wars characters, Boston’s North Shore, 1980s pop culture and delicious food, and occasionally talk to fascinating people–and friends, like an anthropomorphic packet of crystallized lime.