On the eve of Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019, Chris and Joe are letting you in on all the tips, tricks and knowledge they’ve picked up over the years of attending Star Wars Celebrations—from how to find the best food, to the joys of a smaller panel, to the insanity that a simple pen brings to this episode, this is the podcast you need to need to hear this week if you’re attending Celebration or hanging at home.
Our Celebration Domination guide isn’t a survival guide. This isn’t the normal prep show! We’re giving you tips you won’t hear anywhere else from true convention veterans! From getting the Kenners to finding the best food at the convention center, we’re sharing our time-tested tips with YOU, Warheads, to maximize your time and fun at Star Wars Celebration Chicago! If you’re going, then this episode is essential! If you’re not going, this episode is also essential—because we’re also discussing clipboards and gongs. Let’s go, warheads! The Star Wars party starts NOW! It’s time for Brews and Blasters.
- We should get a gong.
- Foreman Chris needs a clipboard…or does he?
- We just want to celebrate! Our essential tips to have a killer time at Celebration!
- Chris’ special autograph tips
- What to look for on the merch floor—how to get the best deals
- How to get the Kenners and how to get the exclusives
- Essential packing tips—not what you think!
- How to get the best food at the convention.
- Getting the lay of the land
- Preparing for pure chaos!
- What you shouldn’t miss (besides the obvious stuff)
- The joys of smaller panels
- Nighttime prep
- How to get your gear home safely
- Join Our Community: Discord Server
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Soundcloud | iHeart Radio | TuneIn | RSS
- RetroZap Podcast Network: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | RSS
- Social: BrewsAndBlasters.ninja | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter | Instagram
- Email: [email protected]
- Voicemail: (978) 219-6688
- T-Shirts: TeePublic Store
Support Brews and Blasters
- If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review. It helps, honestly, because more people will find the show. And if you take the time, we’ll really, really appreciate it. Plus, you’ll win an Oppo Award!
Support These Things, Too
- Go to JediNews and Fantha Tracks for ALL your Star Wars information! And, for the best Star Wars podcast reviews out there, head over to Roqoo Depot.
Born from the discussions between two friends at a local pub in the historic town of Salem, Massachusetts, Brews and Blasters is your chance to kick back, relax and then enjoy everything about that galaxy far, far away. Your hosts, Chris Salton (founder, The Collectors Hutt) as well as Joe Tavano (founder and editor in chief, RetroZap) sit down every week to do what would be doing anyway–talk about all things Star Wars, tell some stories, and of course, have a good time. Join Joe and Chris as they share their love for Star Wars, the most obscure Star Wars characters, Boston’s North Shore, 1980s pop culture and delicious food, and occasionally talk to fascinating people–and friends, like an anthropomorphic packet of crystallized lime.