No time for love, Doctor Jones! Chris and Joe act as advice goblins this week, but not before talking about chili cheese dogs, mini rigs, 1980s EU, Star Wars comics, and much more. Oh yeah, then there’s the issue of the Force going missing for a while.
So what is it that makes Star Wars, “Star Wars,” anyway? What is that secret sauce that binds it all together into that thing that we love? Chris and joe have some thoughts on the subject–as well as plenty of thoughts on hot dog toppings, old guys and coins, the Expended Universe of the 1980s, new ideas for mini rigs, and much, much more! We also help a listener find love! The Star Wars Party starts NOW, Warheads! It’s time for Brews and Blasters.
- Catching up with Star Wars comics
- Old guys and coin collecting…and things wrapped in socks
- An update on Funko Pops
- Some notes on Droids and Ewoks and the expanded universe of Star Wars in the 1980s
- What makes Star Wars, “Star Wars?”
- We wanna see a really old and decrepit Hondo Ohnaka
- Why has the Force been missing from Star Wars recently?
- A serious debate about the best toppings on a hot dog
- A new idea about old mini-rigs!
- Join Our Community: Discord Server
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Soundcloud | iHeart Radio | TuneIn | RSS
- RetroZap Podcast Network: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | RSS
- Social: BrewsAndBlasters.ninja | Facebook | Facebook Group | Twitter | Instagram
- Email: [email protected]
- Voicemail: (978) 219-6688
- ALL NEW DESIGNS! T-Shirts: TeePublic Store
Support Brews and Blasters
- If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review. It helps, honestly, because more people will find the show. And if you take the time, we’ll really, really appreciate it. Plus, you’ll win an Oppo Award!
Support These Things, Too
- Go to JediNews and Fantha Tracks for ALL your Star Wars information! And, for the best Star Wars podcast reviews out there, head over to Roqoo Depot.
Born from the discussions between two friends at a local pub in the historic town of Salem, Massachusetts, Brews and Blasters is your chance to kick back, relax and then enjoy everything about that galaxy far, far away. Your hosts, Chris Salton (founder, The Collectors Hutt) as well as Joe Tavano (founder and editor in chief, RetroZap) sit down every week to do what would be doing anyway–talk about all things Star Wars, tell some stories, and of course, have a good time. Join Joe and Chris as they share their love for Star Wars, the most obscure Star Wars characters, Boston’s North Shore, 1980s pop culture and delicious food, and occasionally talk to fascinating people–and friends, like an anthropomorphic packet of crystallized lime.