It’s time for the Animanicast! Here’s episode eight with “The Big Candy Store” and more!
Join Joey, Nathan, and Kelly for the seventh episode of the “Animanicast!” A podcast dedicated to the classic 90s cartoon show Animaniacs! This time they cover episode 8, “The Big Candy Store” and “Bumbie’s Mom”.
Each and every week, your hosts revisit an episode of the series in the order in which they first premiered. They discuss their favorite jokes, gags, and discuss all the cultural references they can find! Each episode is then given a “Water Tower Rating” by the hosts. How many water towers will this episode get? This eighth episode features the segments “The Big Candy Store” and “Bumbie’s Mom”
The Warner’s Lot Song
- A parody of the Gilligan’s Island song! Your hosts discuss how cancelling The Animaniacs led to the current drought in California.
The Randy Beaman Kid
- The hosts share their thoughts on the “Randy Beaman Kid” (Collin) as well as some similarities to another character from “Kids in the Hall”.
The Big Candy Store
- The Warners try to get some free candy from Flaxseed’s Totality of Candy. Of course that’s not going to happen. So instead the Warner’s drive him crazy and help out some orphans in the process! Listen to your hosts talk about their favorite moments and the possible connection to another Marx Brother’s film!
- One of the BEST Skippy and Slappy cartoons. Slappy takes her nephew to see “Bumbie” in the movie theater but as soon as Bumbie’s mom is killed, Skippy falls apart and starts crying. It continues to traumatize him until they finally meet the actress behind the role of Bumbie’s mom. The hosts talk about why this cartoon is one of the all time best segments ever produced by Animaniacs!
- Quick Note: Joey thought that Gene Shalit had died a while ago. Turns out he’s still alive!
Last week’s twitter poll results are shared and a new poll is given. Vote on twitter.com/animanicast to make your vioce heard!
If you like the show, send in your own positive review on iTunes! This will help ensure that other fans can find the show!
Join the fun! Take a picture of a Yakko doll, toy, or just a picture of Yakko in front of something in your hometown! Use the hashtag #YakkosWorld and we will retweet it to share it to everyone.
Support the show!
If you’d like to support our show, and get some really cool decals in the process click HERE!
About The Animanicast
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on Netflix or on DVD and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going!