It’s time once again for the Animanicast! Here’s episode twenty-six with “Babblin’ Bijou” “Potty Emergency” “Sir Yaksalot” and more!
Join Joey, Nathan, and Kelly for the twenty-sixth episode of the “Animanicast!” A podcast dedicated to the classic 90’s cartoon show Animaniacs! Today episode 26 of Animaniacs is discussed with segments: “Babblin’ Bijou,” “Potty Emergency,” “Sir Yaksalot,” and testimonials from vaudevillian actors of the past!
[iframe url=”http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4883374/height/90/width/920/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/yes/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/render-playlist/no/custom-color/555555 /” width=”920″ height=”90″]
Animaniacs S01E26 “Babblin’ Bijou” “Potty Emergency” “Sir Yakalot” and more!
Each and every week, your hosts revisit an episode of Animaniacs in the order in which they first premiered. They discuss their favorite jokes, gags, and all the cultural references they can find! In the end, each episode is given a “Water Tower Rating.” How many water towers will this episode get? This 26th episode is filled with so many cultural references and fantastic gags that it was hard to find the time to talk about it all!
- Throughout this episode, elderly entertainers talk about their memories of the Warners. These testimonials give us some insight as to how the Warners were possibly discovered and we learn why Milton Berle didn’t like Yakko.
- Kelly and Joey discuss their memories of Milton Berle, George Burns, and other actors. They also discuss how many of these actors appeared on The Muppet Show!
- The Warner Brothers first sound cartoon is shown. The Warner siblings go to the theater to watch a movie and drive everyone crazy. Eventually, they end up escaping into the movie theater screen and terrorize the actors.
- This black and white cartoon has some great references to old animation and to the history of the Great Depression.
- Apparently, this cartoon was going to have original music from 1929 play for its soundtrack. However when the animation came back from overseas the soundtrack didn’t match up. To see the YouTube video explaining this and to see the cartoon with the originally intended soundtrack, click HERE.
- Wakko is drinking from a large soda while watching a movie with his siblings. He suddenly realizes he has to go potty! The rest of the cartoon follows his adventures all over the world trying to find a suitable place to go. First to the theater’s restroom, then across the street to a shop, and even to a gas station from hell! Wakko eventually goes all the way to Mount Everest before finally heading back to the theater.
- Joey, Nathan, and Kelly all discuss their favorite moments of this Animaniacs classic and make some connections to their own lives. Who hasn’t had a potty emergency in their lives at least once?
- A dragon is terrorizing Camelot and King Arthur calls upon the Warners to help him slay the dragon! The Warners first take Arthur to the “War Room” and eventually lure the dragon into a comedy club. Yakko really knows how to slay ’em! In the end, there’s a twist ending that M. Night Shyamalan would love!
- The hosts discuss some of the references to the musical Camelot, Senor Wences, Doug Henning, and much more.
Water Tower Rating and Poll Results
- The announcer of our show continues his streak of bad luck. Luckily for us, however, he still gives us the results of last week’s poll and the winner of our Facebook contest!
- Kelly, Nathan and Joey share their rating of today’s episode. They then give their thoughts about what their favorite Rita and Runt cartoon is so far in their re-watching of Animaniacs.
- Finally, the new poll is shared for this week, “Who is the best historical figure to face the Warners? Round 2! ” Search twitter for #AnimanicastPoll to find the poll and vote!
First, you can send an email to email@example.com
Then you can follow us on twitter.com/animanicast
Finally, you can like us on Facebook.com/animanicast
Different ways to support the show!
If you’d like to support our show, first make sure to subscribe with your favorite podcast catcher. Then you could also leave a five-star positive review for us on iTunes, it really helps! Finally, make sure you tell a friend about the show!
If you would like to help fund the show and get some really cool hand prepared decals in the process, click HERE!
Are you interested in getting your own ANIMANICAST SHIRT? They’re in stock now at TeePublic! Get yours HERE.
About The Animanicast
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on Netflix or on DVD and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going!