It’s time for the Animanicast with another Animaniacs reboot discussion!
The hosts of the Animanicast dedicate an episode to reviewing the first season of the Animaniacs reboot. First with a quick discussion of the entire season, then covering their favorite and “least favorite” episodes and segments. They also review what we could see in the second and third season. Finally some listener feedback is shared.
Season One of the Reboot
This season certainly had its ups and downs. Joey, Nathan and Kelly give one word reviews of each episode and then talk about the highlights and lowlights of the season. They discuss why classic characters may never return to the reboot and talk about what segments and songs we can expect to see in the future. A few emails are shared from listeners and many more will be read in the upcoming weeks as the Animanicast continues their discussions of Tiny Toons, Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid!
Patreon Exclusives for the Week
This week the Animanicast has a commentary track for the tenth episode of Animaniacs with Tom Ruegger! The episode features the classic cartoon “King Yakko!” In this week’s bonus audio, the hosts talk about famous franchises that everybody else seems to enjoy but for some reason they don’t! It’s all at Patreon.com/Animanicast!
Support The Animanicast
- The Animanicast now has a Patreon! Head over to Patreon.com/Animanicast for exclusive episode commentaries with Tom Ruegger as well as other awesome rewards!
- Join the party! Head on over to Discord.Animanicast.com today to join our RetroZap discussion group. You’ll get to chat with the hosts of this show as well as the hosts of other RetroZap podcasts!
- If you’d like to support our show there’s lots of ways to do it! First of all, you could go onto Apple Podcasts and leave us a five-star positive review.
- Also, don’t forget to tell a friend about the show! Your retweets and post shares help others find us.
- By going to Amazon.Animanicast.com you can find some of the newest Animaniacs merchandise including clothing, toys, videos, and even books written by some of the original writers of the show. Get some great stuff and help support our show! You can even use Amazon.Animanicast.com as your portal to Amazon on your next shopping trip and you’ll still be supporting our show with any purchase you make.
- You could also purchase some hand prepared decals from Joey at Decals.Animanicast.com
- Interested in getting some Animanicast MERCHANDISE? It’s in stock now at TeePublic! Get yours at Teepublic.Animanicast.com
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on DVD or Hulu and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going! Cover art by @jedishua Intro Music performed by Kontra5t