It’s time for the Animanicast! Discussing the fourth episode of the reboot!
Joey, Nathan and Kelly continue their discussion and review of the Animaniacs reboot. This time they talk about the fourth episode featuring the segments: “Bun Control,” “Ex Mousina” and “Bloopf.” Listen to hear about all the references you may have missed and find out what the hosts of the Animanicast think about this episode!
The Warner Bros Studio is visited by salesman Dwayne Lapistol who is handing out bunnies. These “buns” get out of hand very quickly however and before you know it, they’ve taken over the studio! The Warners try to defeat Lapistol with a cool Anime sequence but end up having to call Australia to control the bun problem. This thinly veiled metaphor for gun control has a few humorous moments and an incredibly disturbing villain. But will the hosts of the Animanicast enjoy it? One of the Animanicast’s Australian listeners, “yakkomon” explains some of the Austrailian references found in this episode.
Brain creates a son named Binary Rodent Artificially Intelligent Nanotechnology, or B.R.A.I.N. for short. B.R.A.I.N. helps Brain steal the crown jewels, but after he sees that his father’s ego is getting in the way, he decides to remove Pinky and the Brain from the equation.
The Warners premiere a new app that appears to be parodying Quibi.
Support The Animanicast
- Join the party! Head on over to Discord.Animanicast.com today to join our RetroZap discussion group. You’ll get to chat with the hosts of this show as well as the hosts of other RetroZap podcasts!
- If you’d like to support out show there’s lots of ways to do it! First of all, you could go onto Apple Podcasts and leave us a five-star positive review.
- Also, don’t forget to tell a friend about the show! Your retweets and post shares help others find us.
- By going to Amazon.Animanicast.com you can find some of the newest Animaniacs merchandise including clothing, toys, videos, and even books written by some of the original writers of the show. Get some great stuff and help support our show! You can even use Amazon.Animanicast.com as your portal to Amazon on your next shopping trip and you’ll still be supporting our show with any purchase you make.
- You could also purchase some hand prepared decals from Joey at Decals.Animanicast.com
- Interested in getting some Animanicast MERCHANDISE? It’s in stock now at TeePublic! Get yours at Teepublic.Animanicast.com
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on DVD or Hulu and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going! Cover art by @jedishua Intro Music performed by Kontra5t