It’s time for the Animanicast! Discussing the second episode of the reboot!
Joey, Nathan and Kelly continue their discussion and review of the Animaniacs reboot. This time they talk about the segments: “Warners Unbound,” “How to Brain Your Dragon” and “Suffragette City.” The segments featured in this episode lean more towards timeless themes, but will the hosts of the Animanicast cast their votes of approval or will this episode be cast down to Hades? Listen to find out!
It was a bad news week for the Animaniacs reboot. First there was a controversy involving Johnny Depp and then the Brain gave a number to an adult chat line. The hosts run down the embarrassing news headlines and offer some explanation as to what the writers would be thinking about when it comes to Johnny Depp.
The Warners are playing the part of Greek gods as they try to get back at Odysseus for splashing them with water. The trio can’t seem to stop him until an orange cyclops (that looks and sounds like Trump) grabs Odysseus and treats him like a loofah. It’s an amusing segment, but Joey thinks that it could have been a lot better if some roles were reversed.
How to Brain Your Dragon
Pinky and the Brain decide to train a dragon to do their bidding. Unfortunately the dragon is an aspiring actor. Will the Brain be able to successfully take over a kingdom, or will its bad acting get in the way?
Dot sings a song about the women’s suffrage movement but then quickly starts singing about cartoon suffrage. It’s a song that starts off promising and then quickly becomes a cartoon cameo fest. Find out what the hosts of the Animanicast think about this promising song that quickly ended up becoming a disappointment.
Support The Animanicast
- Join the party! Head on over to Discord.Animanicast.com today to join our RetroZap discussion group. You’ll get to chat with the hosts of this show as well as the hosts of other RetroZap podcasts!
- If you’d like to support out show there’s lots of ways to do it! First of all, you could go onto Apple Podcasts and leave us a five-star positive review.
- Also, don’t forget to tell a friend about the show! Your retweets and post shares help others find us.
- By going to Amazon.Animanicast.com you can find some of the newest Animaniacs merchandise including clothing, toys, videos, and even books written by some of the original writers of the show. Get some great stuff and help support our show! You can even use Amazon.Animanicast.com as your portal to Amazon on your next shopping trip and you’ll still be supporting our show with any purchase you make.
- You could also purchase some hand prepared decals from Joey at Decals.Animanicast.com
- Interested in getting some Animanicast MERCHANDISE? It’s in stock now at TeePublic! Get yours at Teepublic.Animanicast.com
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on DVD or Hulu and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going! Cover art by @jedishua Intro Music performed by Kontra5t