It’s time for the Animanicast! Talking with Deanna Oliver and Tom Ruegger
It’s another special “behind the water tower” episode of the Animanicast! Today your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly talk with Animaniacs creator Tom Ruegger and writer Deanna Oliver! Deanna not only wrote hilarious episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs, but also created some classic characters such as Chicken Boo, the Goodfeathers, and Mindy and Buttons! Deanna has also worked as a director of the Groundlings, co-wrote “Casper” with Sherri Stoner and was the voice of the Brave Little Toaster! Listen to Deanna and Tom as they reflect on working together, give some behind the scenes stories of how characters were created, and find out about “Pets on the Menu” which can be found on Tom Ruegger’s YouTube page Cartoonatics.
Support The Animanicast
- Join the party! Head on over to Discord.Animanicast.com today to join our RetroZap discussion group. You’ll get to chat with the hosts of this show as well as the hosts of other RetroZap podcasts!
- If you’d like to support out show there’s lots of ways to do it! First of all, you could go onto Apple Podcasts and leave us a five-star positive review.
- Also, don’t forget to tell a friend about the show! Your retweets and post shares help others find us.
- By going to Amazon.Animanicast.com you can find some of the newest Animaniacs merchandise including clothing, toys, videos, and even books written by some of the original writers of the show. Get some great stuff and help support our show! You can even use Amazon.Animanicast.com as your portal to Amazon on your next shopping trip and you’ll still be supporting our show with any purchase you make.
- You could also purchase some hand prepared decals from Joey at Decals.Animanicast.com
- Interested in getting some Animanicast MERCHANDISE? It’s in stock now at TeePublic! Get yours at Teepublic.Animanicast.com
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on DVD or Hulu and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going! Cover art by @jedishua Intro Music performed by Kontra5t