It’s time once again for the Animanicast! Here’s episode fifteen with “Space Probed” and “Battle for the Planet”
Join Joey, Nathan, and Kelly for the fifteenth episode of the “Animanicast!” A podcast dedicated to the classic 90s cartoon show Animaniacs! Today is episode 15 with “Space Probed” and “Battle for the Planet.”
[iframe url=”http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4675152/height/90/width/920/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/yes/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/render-playlist/no/custom-color/555555 /” width=”920″ height=”90″]
Animaniacs S01E15 Space Probed and Battle for the Planet
Each and every week, your hosts revisit an episode of the series in the order in which they first premiered. They discuss their favorite jokes, gags, and discuss all the cultural references they can find! Each episode is given a “Water Tower Rating” by the hosts. How many water towers will this episode get? This fifteenth episode features the Warners getting abducted by aliens and Pinky and the Brain attempt to take over the world using television to convince people that aliens are attacking the city!
- The Episode stars off by showing an escape sequence with the Warners using a canon. This makes the hosts think of The Great Gonzo and his stuntwork.
- The Warners get abducted by aliens. One of which is green and gets the nickname “Yoda.” The three run amock in the ship playing tag, find abducted famous people, get their thoughts read and given exercise tests. It all ends with a disturbing request by the aliens’ leader, The Supreme One a.k.a. TOE.
- This cartoon also gave Kelly a chance to talk all about her love of Yoda and her vast Yoda collection!
Battle for the Planet
- Pinky and the Brain return with a plan to take over the world! (Again) This time Brain decides to use television to deceive the public with an alien invasion. The people with leave the city leaving it defenseless so that he and Pinky can take over the world! (Doesn’t quite make complete sense… but that’s OK).
- This cartoon was a salute to the original radio production of War of the Worlds. Included is a clip of the original production.
Kathryn Page Rundown
Each episode that we’ve watched has had a joke in the credits for Kathryn Page, the assistant to Tom Ruegger. Nathan does a rundown of each and every gag complete with sound effects! Check out his amazing work!
Next, listen to last week’s twitter poll results and the twitter poll for this week, “Should we keep our announcer?” Vote on twitter.com/animanicast or search twitter for #animanicastpoll to make your voice heard!
Feel free to send in your own mp3 and we just might read or play it on the podcast! If you like the show, send in your own positive review on iTunes! This will help ensure that other fans can find the show!
Join the fun! First, take a picture of a Yakko doll, toy, or just a picture of Yakko in front of something in your hometown! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #YakkosWorld and we will retweet it to share it to everyone.
First you can send an email to email@example.com
Then you can follow us on twitter.com/animanicast
Finally, you can like us on Facebook.com/animanicast
Different ways to support the show!
If you’d like to support our show, first make sure to subscribe with your favorite podcast catcher. Then leave a five-star positive review for us on iTunes, it really helps! Finally, if you want to help fund the show and get some really cool hand prepared decals in the process click HERE!
About The Animanicast
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on Netflix or on DVD and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going!