It’s time for Animanicast! With Joey, Nathan, Kelly and laughs! They watch episode one- “De-Zanitized”, and more!
Join Joey, Nathan, and Kelly for the first episode of the “Animanicast!” A podcast dedicated to the classic 90s cartoon show Animaniacs! This time they cover episode 1: De-Zanitized, The Monkey Song and Nighty-Night Toon.
Each and every week, your hosts will revisit an episode of the series in the order in which they first premiered. They discuss their favorite jokes, gags, and discuss all the cultural references they can find! Each episode is given a “Water Tower Rating” by the hosts. How many water towers will this episode get? Segments discussed in this first episode include:
“Newsreel of the Stars”
- This opening introduces us to the Animaniacs. It also introduces us to an opening segment that will be seen over and over again!
The Animaniacs Theme Song
- It’s a classic! What do the hosts like about it? Is there anything not good about it?
- Our first formal intro to the Warner siblings and how Dr. Scratchansniff tried to “dezanitize” them.
”The Monkey Song”
- A funny song with origins to Harry Belafonte?!
- Original “Monkey Song” : https://youtu.be/aGkLWaOOxEI
- The Warners and the rest of the Animaniacs say “Nighty Night” in this parody of the classic children’s book.
Cover art by @jedishua | Intro Music performed by Kontra5t
About The Animanicast
The Animanicast is a podcast dedicated to the classic animated television series Animaniacs. Join your hosts Joey, Nathan and Kelly as they revisit each episode in the order in which they were released. They’ll discuss their favorite moments, jokes, characters as well as their memories of first watching the episode. Pop cultural references are also discussed in detail. (You might just learn some cool facts!) In the end, each episode receives a “Water Tower Rating” from the hosts. Cue up an episode of Animaniacs on Netflix or on DVD and then listen to the Animanicast to keep the fun going!